On a ketogenic diet, it's common to crave fruit and miss your morning smoothie.
And fruit on keto is tough to justify. While it can be a part of a keto diet (especially berries, like blackberries, blueberries and strawberries), most fruits have high carb and sugar counts, which can kick you out of ketosis as your body reacts to the increase in blood glucose levels.
But there can be room for smoothies on keto. Like this delicious strawberry banana keto smoothie recipe. We know what you're thinking... bananas have too many carbs for keto.
Here's the deal: this smoothie uses only a quarter of a banana and has 17 grams of net carbs, which won't put you past your daily carb intake if you plan accordingly...
But you can save yourself 6 of those grams by skipping the 1/2 cup of strawberries and swapping the Vanilla KetoMeal for a scoop of the Strawberry KetoMeal instead.
So what are you waiting for? Bust out your blender and whip up this delicious summer keto smoothie recipe today.
Other Keto Recipes You'll Love
- Tim Tebow's Strawberry Vanilla Keto Smoothie
- Apple-Pear BHB Green Tea Slushie
- Soft-Serve Strawberry Ice Cream
Strawberry Banana Keto Smoothie
- 1/4 banana
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla KetoLogic KetoMeal®
- 1/2 cup ice
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Thin the smoothie with more almond milk or water. Add more ice to thicken if needed.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1