Homemade Keto Gravy
Low Carb Shake Buy Now
Recipe by Brandon McDearis
This homemade gravy perfectly complements our Oven-Roasted Turkey Legs. Don’t even think about getting store-bought gravy from a jar or a pouch (loaded with empty carbs). The real deal is made from pan drippings. Our version also adds richness with heavy cream and a fragrant pop of fresh herbs. This gravy will make everything on your Thanksgiving plate taste better.
Note: make our Oven-Roasted Turkey Legs, then collect the pan drippings after they come out of the oven.
- Innards of a turkey (optional)
- 1/2 cup of pan drippings from roasted whole turkey or legs
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- dash of hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
Note: It is always preferential to use grass-fed meat and dairy products, as well as Himalayan salt.
- Put the innards of the turkey (if using), the pan drippings, chicken stock, and heavy cream into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for about one hour until it reduces by half.
- Blend the gravy with a hand-held immersion blender or in a blender. Return the gravy to the stove and bring it back to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, xanthan gum, and thyme, and whisk until it thickens to the desired consistency. Remove from heat and serve.
- Yield: 8