Savory 'Chinese Restaurant-Style' Cauliflower Fried Rice
Keto cauliflower fried rice is an easy, low carb way to enjoy "fried rice" on keto.
This simple stirfry uses bacon to add a savory, fat-fueled crunch. The dish calls for a mix of tasty vegetables, including onions, peas and carrots, and scallions.
You’ll be surprised at how similar this is to your favorite Chinese restaurant-style fried rice. Your entire family will love it (even if they’re not keto)!
This Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe is:
- Super tasty
- Easy to make
- Great as leftovers
This Recipe Uses:
- Coconut Oil
- Green onions
- Soy Sauce
Three Health Benefits of Cauliflower
- Provides vitamins and minerals: cauliflower is an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals as well as antioxidants.
- Supports digestive health: cauliflower contains 3 grams of fiber for every cup, which is important for digestive health. Studies show consuming fiber-rich vegetables can help reduce the risk of several diseases, including heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
- Promotes a healthy weight: eating fiber-rich foods like cauliflower can help you feel more full, longer. Which can lead to eating fewer calories and therefore help you manage your weight easier.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 pieces bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Quarter the cauliflower, remove the core and cut into florets. Put half into a food processor and pulse until the pieces are about the size of rice. Put into a bowl and repeat with the remaining cauliflower. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon at medium-low heat until crispy, about 5 minutes on each side. Transfer the bacon to a plate when it is done. Chop it into small pieces.
- In the same skillet, add the butter to the bacon grease. Whisk the eggs and scramble in the bacon grease and the butter. Scrape the scrambled eggs into a bowl. Add the chopped bacon.
- Clean out the skillet and put it back on the stove at medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon coconut oil, along with the diced onion. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and riced cauliflower, along with the other two tablespoons of coconut oil. Cook, stirring continuously for 4-5 minutes until cauliflower is soft but not mushy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir together for 1-2 more minutes until the peas and carrots are heated through. Remove from the heat and stir in the bacon and eggs. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4
Ideal Ratio Recipe Ratio
No comments yet