Looking for a quick and easy protein-packed snack? Something easy to make and easy to bring to work or the gym?
These homemade keto snack bars fit the bill on both accounts.
Our recipe uses a handful of healthy ingredients, like coconut flakes, FBOMB Macadamia Nut Butter, and a variety of delicious and filling nuts to give you a satisfying and crunchy snack or post-workout treat.
And because we use KetoLogic Erythritol to give each bar a slightly sweet flavor, you never have to worry about these bars knocking you out of ketosis. There's only 3.5 grams of net carbs per serving!
Each batch yields 16 of these yummy energy bars. So you'll have a handful of snack bars on hand, or a healthy snack to share with friends!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- FBOMB Macadamia Nut Butter
- Coconut Oil
- KetoLogic Erythritol
- Almond flour
- Coconut flakes
- Sunflower seeds
How to Make Homemade Snack Bars
There are hundreds of different snack bars at the grocery store. Some are called protein bars, while some go by energy bars or nutrition bars.
Problem is, the majority of them aren't keto-friendly, and the ones that are aren't the healthiest options (or the most affordable).
Making homemade energy bars is a good way to control the ingredients you're using. It's also a great way to save a few bucks. And it's really not as hard as it sounds, either.
All you really need is:
- An 8x8 baking dish
- Protein-packed ingredients like nuts and nut butters
- A mixing bowl to toss everything together
- About 15 minutes of spare time
Instead of using hard-to-pronounce ingredients, you simply combine your natural ingredients in a bowl and bake them for 15 minutes. Let them cool, then cut them into individual bars. You can even wrap them individually if you want!
Keto-Friendly Ways to Customize This Recipe
We're confident this will be a repeat recipe for you once you try these homemade keto bars.
Variety can go a long way, so we want to give you a few options to change these up while still keeping them full of fiber and protein.
Here are some ways to change up the recipe in the future:
- Use a different nut butter (almond butter, cashew butter, etc.)
- Use different nuts (cashews, walnuts, almonds, Brazil nuts)
- Add low-carb protein powder into the mixture
- Use cocoa powder instead of vanilla extract
- Add coffee or coffee grounds to the mixture (a little goes a long way)
With so many different variations, you can keep remaking this recipe for months without having the exact same bar. Experiment and see what you like most!
Other Keto Recipes You’ll Love
Homemade Keto Snack Bars Recipe
- ½ cup FBOMB Macadamia Nut Butter (flavor of choice)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (we recommend FBOMB Coconut Oil)
- ¼ cup KetoLogic Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1½ cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup almonds, slivered
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper, letting the paper hang over the sides. This will make the bars easier to remove later.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the macadamia nut butter, coconut oil, and sweetener. Stir until sweetener has dissolved. Remove pot from heat and allow mixture to cool down for a few minutes.
- Whisk in cinnamon, salt, vanilla extract, almond extract, and egg white. Stir in almond flour, coconut, almonds, pecans, and sunflower seeds until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into pan. Press down firmly with a spatula until tightly compressed.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven when edges are slightly brown.
- Allow to cool completely. You can place it in the refrigerator to help it cool faster.
- Once cooled, gently pull the parchment paper up to lift the uncut bars to a cutting board. Cut into 16 even bars.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 16