This Caesar dressing mixed with kale, rather than the classic romaine lettuce, puts a unique twist on this low-carb keto chicken salad recipe, yielding a high density of nutrients that are often hard to find in a ketogenic diet.
This keto salad recipe is prepared with chicken breasts, but they can easily be replaced with chicken thighs to increase the fat and decrease the protein. Or, swap out the chicken for keto Italian meatballs and make it your ultimate keto healthy comfort meal.
Kale is packed with fiber and micronutrients that many people lack on the ketogenic diet, so finding a way to sneak it into your low-carb eating plan on a weekly basis is a good idea.
This recipe yields 4-6 servings (3/4 - 1 cup per serving with 3-4 oz chicken).
This recipe is: keto-friendly, low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, no added sugar
New to keto? Check out our Keto Essentials Shopping List.
Want to take your keto diet to the next level? Take the KETO 30 Challenge!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bunch kale, washed and chopped with ribs removed (about 4 cups)
- CAESAR DRESSING:
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 anchovies
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- pinch salt and pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss chicken in the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Bake on a sheet pan for about 30-40 minutes until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached. Let the chicken cool down, and dice it up or cut it into strips.
- While the chicken is cooling, prep the kale and put into a salad bowl.
- In a food processor, put all of the dressing ingredients except for the olive oil. Turn the processor on and pour the olive oil through the top in a steady stream. Once the dressing is emulsified, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water if it is too thick and pulse the food processor a couple of times until desired consistency is reached.
- Toss the dressing and the chicken with the kale. It can be served immediately or held in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4-6